Chamber to host third community immersion project
The Greater Wausau Chamber of Commerce will host an intensive, year-long program beginning in September. The Immersion Project will be held each month through August 2020. The program is designed to provide meaningful experiences that will immerse and connect participants to the region. These experiences are designed to cement the participants’ roots in central Wisconsin through a deeper understanding and awareness of important topics and issues relevant to the area.
“This program was the best on-boarding and training experience that I could imagine.” said Kevin Porter, Assistant Vice President/Loan Officer at Intercity State Bank and 2018-2019 program participant. “The Immersion Project helped me understand local business, organizations, history, culture, leaders, influencers, and areas of opportunity.”
Session and topic dates include:
• Session 1: Welcome & Introduction, Tuesday, September 10
• Session 2: History & Heritage, Tuesday, October 8
• Session 3: Community Development, Tuesday, November 12
• Session 4: Community Issues, Tuesday, December 10
• Session 5: Government, Tuesday, January 14
• Session 6: Education, Tuesday, February 11
• Session 7: Business & Industry, Tuesday, March 10
• Session 8: Entrepreneurship, Tuesday, April 7
• Session 9: Non-Profit Organizations, Tuesday, My 12
• Session 10: Public Safety/Judicial System, Tuesday, June 9
• Session 11: Quality of Life, Tuesday, July 14
• Session 12: Program Wrap-Up, Tuesday, August 11
“I struggled to see a future here. I saw a future in my work life, but I struggled to find a home life here.” said Pari Cecchini an employee at Greenheck and a participant in the 2017-2018 Immersion Project. “Seeing how the area’s non-profits care about the community and make a visible impact, showed me that I can make an impact as well. I love the entrepreneurship and spirit of those in this community.”
The 2019-2020 program is limited to the first 25 registrants. Attendance at all sessions is not required, however regular attendance is encouraged to maximize the impact of the program.
The program cost is $750 per person for members of the Greater Wausau Chamber of Commerce and $1,000 for non-members. For more information or to register for this program, visit WausauChamber.com or contact Stacy Livernash at email@example.com or 715-848-5955.